Uploading to Instagram without compression

This is just fantastic! Not that I’m using Instagram but some of my friends that I have shot do, so now I don’t have to hazzle anymore with this annoying thing that they come back to me with a request to change the aspect ratio of their/mine pictures! Thanks a bunch fella!

I always upload at 300dpi, and for portrait orientated images I (using photoshop) 1st make the height 1350px and then expand the canvas width to 1080px if necessary

Thanks for your templates !! Nice work!

Hello and welcome! The information in this thread is really helpful for exactly that. If you work within their guidelines, chances of Instagram doing ugly compression on your images are minimized. The key is exporting your images with the right aspect ratio and size before uploading.

Also, pop over to the Introduction section and say hello! It’s a great community here, lots of help available.

Thank! Very helpful! For a long time and painfully did not understand how to do it, Thanks to you, I finally know! Another great article here http://weedit.photos/2017/instagram-photo-editing/