The budget Nokton - my 7artisans 35mm F/1.2 review

I was encouraged by @zellersamuel to post my 7artisans 35mm F/1.2 review here, and this seems likes the appropriate section.

Feel free to ask questions!

Very nice shots there!

Do you also have the 25/1.8? How do you compared the two? You mentioned, “The corners are better than the Nokton’s, or many vintage or other cheap modern lenses like the 7artisans 25mm F/1.8.” Could you elaborate on that, and perhaps on other things as well?

Do you also have the 35/1.4? How do compared the two? You mentioned, “While the Fujifilm 35mm F/1.4 R is sharper and renders smoother bokeh, focus-by-wire just isn’t the same.” Could you elaborate on that, and perhaps on other things as well?

Just read this review via Reddit. Thanks for sharing it here as well. I went down a Google rabbit hole of m42 adapters after visiting your site hahaha.

Nice review! I’d been looking into 35mm lenses a lot lately, and I was strongly considering the 7artisans 35mm f2 since I’d read it was quite a bit sharper than the f1.2. Then I heard about the Zeiss Flektogon 35mm f2.4 M42 lens which is apparently extremely sharp and can often be bought for around the same price as the 7artisans. Then I heard about the Mir-1 37mm f2.8 which is a Russian copy of the Flektogon, and while not quite as sharp as the Zeiss it is still very sharp while being a good bit cheaper. I picked one up in nice condition on Monday for ~£30 including delivery from Ukraine (I think that price was partly thanks to the auction ending at 5 am). It’ll likely be a week or so before I receive it, but I’d be happy to update with whether it’s actually any good or not.

Edit - It’s not getting delivered until the end of November :sob: