Tamron 100-400mm F/4.5-6.3 Di VC USD (Model A035)

Tamron, who have recently been rumored to be considering the production of X-mount lenses, have just released this beauty. I have just written to their customer service department asking them to please produce this with the X-mount. According to dpreview’s comment on Tamron’s press release it will retail for around US$ 800.

If anyone is interested in getting more quality lens choices I suggest you also write to Tamron. Maybe we can show them that there would definitely be buyers if they decide to go the X route.

f6.3 @400mm will just about push the on sensor PD AF to the limit. With a CD confirm at the end of a PD pulse when the system is in doubt about focus, not sure what this will do for action photos. I’d rather settle for a 300/4 compatible with the existing TC sets instead.

Here is the answer from an Ali Niesen, who, if you ignore the obvious lack of grammar and address, puts final paid to any Tamron/Fuji X-mount rumors.

"No I am sorry we only plan to make it for Canon and Nikon.
Ali Niesen
Customer Service
office | 631.858.8430 fax | 631.858.8462

Tamron USA, Inc.
10 Austin Blvd, Commack, NY 11725"

Maybe the admin can lock this topic now as any further discussion seems superfluous.