Point-and-shoot analog cameras?

Hello there!

I’d like to get a point-and-shoot analog camera but don’t really know where to start… I’ve seen that the Contax T2 or T3 are very great and popular but also very expensive.
So I was wondering if you’d have great point-and-shoot analog cameras to recommend?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

My favourites are the Olympus Mju 2 for a fully automated camera and the Olympus XA1 for aperture priority and manual focus contorl.

Thanks! I’ll look at those two cameras.

Kodak Instamatic. It worked great for millions of people. Film may be hard to find :grin:

Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:
What film do you put in this camera?

126 or 110 film depending on the model… hard to find, only lomography produces that format still and it’s a bit hit and miss with getting it developed. Also keep in mind that it is a very small film so it will be quite grainy.

What is an “analog camera”?

It is used here as shorthand for 35mm, 120, 4x5 and 8x10 B&W or C41/E6 film photography.

126 traditionally. This is ~ 26x26mm, not too small

110 came much later and was really aimed at little travel cameras (Pocket Instamatics). It’s 13x17mm, much smaller than 126 and 135.

My dad had a cool waterproof 110 camera.

If you need analog film the FPP store has pretty much everything on the market today - and sometimes stuff that isn’t. I have never been dissatisfied with their products or service.

PS. When you’re done shooting and need development/prints, try The Darkroom. Again, I can highly recommend these guys.

NB. I have no afiliation with either of the two companies. They are just good at what they’re doing and I can recommend them.

I’ve heard great things about these. Ironically, I gave a mint one to a charity shop a couple of years ago before shooting film had any interest for me. I’m now scouring charity shops and eBay to buy one!