Lightweight tripods for Fujifilm cameras

Hi Everyone.

I’m looking into buying a tripod for my Fujifilm X-T20. Does anyone have any recommendations for some affordable, lightweight and small tripods? I’m usually doing a lot of walking while I’m shooting so I’d like something that I can strap to my bag that won’t weigh me down too much. Right now I’m considering the Sirui T-005X Aluminum Tripod with C-10S Ball Head from B&H, I just don’t like that the center column doesn’t adjust. What do you guys use?

Thanks!
Tyler

Hi Tyler!

I’ve had this one for 3 years now and it’s still serving me very well: https://amzn.to/2C1zz78
It’s not from one of the “usual suspects” brands, but people actually mistake it for one as I often get asked if it’s a Three Legged Thing ;)
I travel a lot and this tripod is always with me. I think it’s all pretty clear from the description and the comments on Amazon, but let me know if you have any specific questions.

Cheers

Colorado Tripod (coloradotripod.com) sounds interesting at about 1/3-1/2 the price of Gitzo &c., but it’s a new company with no history. I’m currently using a Gitzo Studex 1348 with RRS BH55 head, so I keep looking for a lighter tripod for general use because that’s a beast to carry all the time. My one overriding requirement of any tripod is that it does not have a center column, so that limits it to mostly Gitzo and RRS, and I really don’t want another kilobuck tripod (but it has lasted about twenty years). Colorado is one of very few less-expensive offerings with no center column. Maybe you could get one and review it? :smile:

Hi Peter,

I took a look at Colorado and their tripods are really nice, but I think a bit out of my price range at the moment. As for the center column, I would rather have none than a column that doesn’t adjust and the Srui I’ve been looking at has a fixed column.

Fabien,
The suggestion you sent me looks perfect. I don’t know if they are available in the US though, or on B&H. But it also got me looking at 3 Legged Thing tripods and their Punk series looks promising.

Hi-
When I moved from a Nikon D800 to the Fujifilm X-T2 I switched to a terrific lightweight tripod made by Corey. It is durable, super light and compact. Very happy with it, especially for travel.
And a great price at $199.

https://www.3leggedthing.com/corey

MeFOTO classic aluminum roadtrip

Ive been using this one when i use a tripod.

I ended up buying the Pro Master XC525 I’m going to test it out today.