Greetings from San Antonio, TX!

Hello Everyone!

My name is Kenneth O. Soto, I’m a photographer, and have been shooting for 11 years now. I initially started out with Canon since that’s what my father used (Still uses, he’s been a pro photographer for over 25 years), eventually I started exploring other brands and I’ve had Panasonic, Olympus, Sony, and finally switched to Fuji two weeks ago when I sold all of my gear and bought an X-T20 with a 18-55mm f/2.8-4, a 23mm f/1.4 and a 35mm f/1.4.

Before making the switch I thought that I would be missing out on that beautiful Sony full-frame sensor (I had a Sony A7II), but after testing the amazing X-Trans III sensor I am happy to report that it wasn’t so much of a “downgrade”. I do miss the details from time to time, but the colors and film simulations that Fuji provides is unmatched, I now understand why people were raving so much about the “Fuji colors”. Additionally, after testing the 23mm f/14 and the 35mm f/1.4 I found that these are stunning lenses, they really make images pop in a way that I had never seen before, they are simply exquisite pieces of glass. I did my research prior to purchasing these two lenses and found that most people recommended the f/2 versions, however, having transitioned from full-frame I wanted to have as much separation as possible and the f/2s just weren’t going to provide that for me. Lastly, these lenses are fast! They are faster than any lenses I’ve tried on my A7II. Most of the comments I read on forums were from shooters that complained that these f/1.4 lenses were slow, maybe it was in comparison with the f/2s but I have a high keeper rate, so they more than exceed my AF requirements.

I will be shooting more with my Fuji and will be sharing them on my Instagram @ginori_photography_and_film (There isn’t much from my X-T20 on my Instagram as I only tend to post my best shot of the day).