Adapting lenses on Fujifilm X-mount cameras

I will have to dig some more out, although I never used the combo very much. I realise i need to play more!
The Samyang lens are incredible value, if you don’t mind manual focus! Super sharp and super cheap!

I’ve got a bunch of lenses that I’ve adapted over the past few years, my only problem is trying to remember which images use which lens. I was pretty bad with remembering to adjust the mount adapter settings :rofl:

I’ve got some free time this week, so this sounds like a good excuse to gather them all up and take some sample images with them.

Two levels of adaptation:
Canon 50mm f/0.95 (the dream lens) modified for Leica M mount on an X-Pro2 using Fuji M adapter

Right, so instead of clogging up this thread with a whole load of pictures of the same subject, I’ll just leave an imgur album link here. These pictures are purely for seeing what sharpness is like at minimum focusing distance using the lego version of me. Some of them benefit from being stopped down slightly, others were just soft no matter the aperture.

The lenses used are as follows (plus a check mark for if I think they’re worth using):

1. Fujica X-Fujinar T 135mm f2.8 :heavy_check_mark:ish
  2. Fujinon 55mm f2.2 :heavy_multiplication_x:
  3. Helios-44M 57mm f2 :heavy_check_mark:
  4. Laowa 24mm f14 2:1 macro probe lens (yes, f14 is the widest aperture :joy:) :heavy_check_mark:
  5. Mir-1 37mm f2.8 :heavy_check_mark: (needs a lens hood, though)
  6. Prinzflex 35-70mm f3.5-4.5 :heavy_check_mark:ish
  7. Schneider-Kreuznach Componar 75mm f4.5 square aperture enlarger lens :heavy_check_mark:
  8. Sigma Mini-Wide 28mm f2.8 :heavy_check_mark:
  9. Soligor 400mm f6.3 + 2x teleconverter :heavy_multiplication_x: (it does produce really nice colours, but very soft)
  10. Tamron 80-210mm f3.8-4.0 :heavy_multiplication_x:

Hope this will be interesting or useful for someone. It certainly is for me, since now I know which lenses to leave to gather dust on the shelf and which are actually worth using. The Fujica 135mm and Prinzflex 35-70mm are on the border for me. They’re not too soft, but they’re not super sharp either. I don’t really have any need for a 35-70mm, and I have a Jupiter 37A 135mm arriving soon, so that will likely supersede the Fujica.