Adapting lenses on Fujifilm X-mount cameras

One of the things that makes the Fujifilm X Mount so great is the ability to adapt all sorts of old and new lenses to our cameras and achieve high quality results. Unfortunately a lot of the information on adapters and lenses seems to be scattered across the internet. Seeing as how the Fujifeed Forum is heavily indexed by Google I say we compile an archive of all the lenses & adapters that work on the X Mount while sharing some image samples along the way! In order to get the most out of this thread be sure to include the camera, lens, and adapter used along with any other relevant information. I’ll get us started! I’m looking forward to seeing what everyone else posts.

Water Droplets

Camera used: Fujifilm X-Pro2
Lens: Nikkor 105mm f4s
Adapter: Fotasy Nikon F to Fuji X

Camera used: Fujifilm X-T1
Lens: Helios 44-2 58mm F2 (M42 mount)
Adapter: Cheap chinese one found on Ebay, M42 to Fuji X

Camera used: Fujifilm X-T20, SOOC Velvia
Lens: Minolta 100mm f2.5
Adapter: Cheap chinese m42 to FX

Wow! That lens is nice and sharp. Usually I shy away from the Velvia film sim but it looks great here. Well done!

It’s a nice lens. Thank you!

Camera Used: Fujifilm X-Pro2
Lens: Nikkor 105mm f4s

very nice! you must be very very patient! :grinning:

Camera used: Fujifilm X-T20
Lens: Nikkor HC 50 f2
Adapter: Cheap chinese AI to FX

Great idea. I have three lenses I use with an adapter.

Camera used: Fujifilm X-T2
Lens: Micro-NIKKOR 55mm 1 : 3.5
Adapter: Kipon Tilt-Shift Lens Adapter (with shift)

Lens: Nikkor 105mm F/2.5 AI-s
Adapter: Kipon Tilt-Shift Lens Adapter (no shift)

Lens: Canon 50mm f/0.95
Adapter: Adapter from Ramir73 on Ebay

Great stuff @hunter. I have that Nikkor 55 as well. I might have to start using it! How do you like that tilt shift adapter?

A little bit soft unless stopped down at least a couple of times and I’m not great at nailing focus with it but here’s some samples.

Lens: SMC Takumar 50mm 1.4
Adapter: Fotasy M42-FX

@shieldme Missing focus is part of the fun with these vintage lenses! Thank’s for posting some samples, your images have a real cinematic quality to them.

Really nice rendering on that SMC Takumar 50mm! Thanks for sharing them.

You’re definitely right about the focus there. I was disappointed at first when I felt what the Fujifilm XF lenses felt like on manual but being able to adapt to old lenses with great feeling focus rings makes up for it! I do however believe I made a mistake in getting the XT-2 instead of the X-Pro 2. Sometimes I miss having an optical viewfinder to go along with the more analogue / mechanical feel that I enjoy.

@zellersamuel I do enjoy the look I get from some of the shots! I will say it’s quite difficult to manage flare in some situations and if I zoom in a little bit I can see each dot in the picture, not sure if this is what people call the “resolution” of a lens but it doesn’t bother me too much since it’s a cheap lens from over 40 years ago and works great!

The 55 is a beautiful lens and the adapter works perfectly. I did have to file a small flange off the the 55 to use the movements. A slightly funny feeling…

Trying something a little different here. I processed this using X RAW Studio & the camera’s image processor to take advantage of the Acros Film Simulation. I then applied a slight curve in Photoshop to add a little contrast.

Camera used: Fujifilm X-Pro2
Lens: Nikkor 50mm f1.4

I have tried using my Samyang F mount lens with the X-Pro1. They give nice results the 85mm especially, i don’t use them that often however due to the size on the front of the body and the unbalanced feel. Nice option to have though for portraits.

Camera used: Fujifilm X-Pro1
Lens: Samyang 85mm f1.4
Adapter: A very cheap ebay no name F to X

@Archie Whoa…the detail in the female portrait is nuts. I had a similar idea to purchase a Samyang lens for Nikon and adapt it to Fujifilm. Please share more!