Adam's Street!

Not sure how to play this… on some forums there’s a general street topic, where everyone just adds a shot as and when

On other forums, people start a new topic for every shot they take

I’d like to start a topic for my own shots, that’s not to say I don’t want to see your shots in ‘my’ thread, of course not!

But that is too say that it feels stupidly self indulgent to start a new topic every time, so I’d like to have a thread where I just add my stuff

If @zellersamuel has any guidlines here I’m all ears (in fact his guideline might be Gez Adam, did you not read the guidelines?)

So anyway,

Something reminded me of this shot today, so I dug it out. Not my best, not my worst

But I quite like it.

Stationary in Motion by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

What you did is perfect! There’s no point in having a separate topic per shot (unless they are very different shots, or if you explain a technique, or if they’re different kind of subjects for example street and food photography). It’s also weird to have one massive general street topic.

I was perplexed for a few seconds, I thought that it was two images but then I noticed there’s actually a truck with a photograph on it! It’s neat, I like it :slight_smile:

Thanks very much!

Good eye you have! It’s a truck with a graphic on it.

I quite like the shot as it has several themes in it…

The dilapidated building and the shiny truck

The couple who have possibly just argued, like a sports car racing into the red

Or perhaps the couple are dreaming of driving away somewhere better

But equally I’m a little ambivalent about the shot as none of these themes has been particularly well realised (in my defence I didn’t have all the time in the world to snap this!)

Still it was a keeper, there’s a lot of physical texture, it’s got people demonstrating emotion, some layers and it’s a bit discombobulating for the viewer :smiley:

Not my worst ever effort

A more recent one this time.

I like street and for 2017 I decided to branch out into street portraits

Recently I attended my first ever pride march.

If you like street and street portraits I can’t recommend a pride march enough, lots of interesting people, great costumes, genuine public interaction and everybody wants their picture taken!

Pride by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

I totally agree with you…prides, Folsom, love parades are just great events to make some interesting and great street portraits…and people are so happy and welcoming.

Yes, I can’t wait to do another one!

The light was very challenging and it was waaaay to hot to be a native northern European in a southern euro country, but well worth going

Even the briefest, most cursory glance over my work will tell you one thing.

I’m primarily a colour shooter.

So here’s a fairly rare black and white :smile:

The Old Stairs by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

A more recent shot this time! (about four days ago in fact)

Her Eyes Only by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

Shot from the hip, with a pre-focused XF35F1.4 (mounted on an X-Pro1) while I pretended not to be talking a photo :wink:

I was delighted that it basically came out level, that doesn’t always happen even when I’m using the viewfinder!!

Another recent shot, in Black and White and from the X-Pro1!

I did actually take the XP2 out yesterday, so I haven’t completely forgotten about it!

Walking/Watching/Playing by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

Some more street that’s not from the street !!

The Shortcut Home by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

And back to the actual street!

Working Load by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

X-Pro1 and xf23

Back to black and white this week!

I took this yesterday!

On the Way Down by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

Another riveting episode of fun with flags, erm I mean Adam’s street, here’s another X-Pro1 monochrome

Shot from the hip, with the xf35/1.4

Available Here? by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

X-Pro1 and XF56 this time!

Seeing red and speaking red!

Seeing Red / Speaking Red by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

Actually, you can have two this week!

The Lone Boatman by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

There is a person in there for the street tag, honest :grin:

X-Pro2 and XF35/1.4

The Black Anémona by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

Probably doesn’t need many words?

X-pro1 xf35

Fog supplied by Porto and the installation is by an artist called Janet Echelman

Black Tar Break by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

X-Pro1 and xf35 @ f8 and from the hip! (Needed straightening in post mind!)

Easy Like Sunday Morning by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

X-Pro1 and XF35

Shot at F1.4 in manual focus mode, from the hip and with zero orientation or crop changes in post makes me happy with this!

I’m also fond of the shot even if none of the above had been used!

Calm before the Sea by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

More street from the beach!

X-Pro1 and xf35

Always offer to watch the bags while your other half takes the kid to the sea, then set up a zone focus and wait to see who strolls by :grin:

Nicks and Dimes by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

Back with the X-Pro2 and XF35!

Nicks and Dimes, short in the Sé district of Porto, a place I’m frequently advised not to go too, and never at night!